|Vac & Dash|
10th Annual Beach Blast 5k
RRCA 5k Championship
8:00am May 10th, 2014
9th Annual Beach Blast 5K
8:00 am May 11th, 2013
"One of The Best 5K Races In North Carolina!"
Brought to you by the Uwharrie Running Club
Top Ten Reasons To Run The 9th Annual Beach Blast 5K
10) Beach Blast 5K is a great race to run for the entire family. Above, Jeremy Shaver runs with both of his children.
9) Cool Runner Dude With Surf Board Logo on t-shirts.
8) Top Three Men and Top Three Women finishers get a carved Uwharrie Slate Rock. (Renee Asciutto is the Artist. She carves the Beach Blast logo into the Slate Rock.)
7) Top Five Male and Female Finishers get a Beach Blast 5K Top Five Finisher T-Shirt
6) Awesome Goodie Bags . This year's goody bag should be the best ever. I'd tell what's going in the bags, but it would ruin the surprise.
5) Great post-race food, including custom 5K Sugar Cookies baked at The Sweet Shop
4) Weekly Prizes will be given to pre-registered runners to preregistered runners beginning March 15th.
3) Bring canned or non-perishable dry food and earn a chance to win a$50.00 Gift Certificate donated by Vac & Dash.
Canned food drive is to benefit the Stanly County Christian Ministries
2) The Beach Blast 5K offers a net elevation drop with a fast downhill finish.
1) It's a Fun, Fantastic Race!
2013 BEACH BLAST 5K RACE COURSE:
Start at Stanly Co. Sheriff's Office on Second St.
Proceed North on 2nd Street
Right on Montgomery Avenue
Left on 5th Street - Right on East Oakwood
Right on 9th Street
Left on Montgomery Avenue
Right on Ridge Street
Right on Pee Dee Avenue
Right on 5th Street - Left on North Street
Left on Depot Street - Finish at Stanly Motors
The Uwharrie Running Club and Vac & Dash has a NO BANDIT RUNNING AND NO BIB SWAPPING POLICY for the races we are involved in. We ask that you respect the running community by following this policy. Thank you!
If you would like to volunteer to help at the Beach Blast 5k, please send an e-mail to email@example.com