Will be held May 13th, 2017
“One of The Best 5K Races In North Carolina!”
Brought to you by the Uwharrie Running Club
RACE WEEK & RACE DAY INFO
- The Beach Blast 5K starts at 8:00 am near the Courthouse on Second St. in Downtown Albemarle.
- Packet Pick-up will be from 9-6 Thursday, May 7th & 9-6 Friday, May 8th AND at 6:30 am Saturday at Vac & Dash.Vac & Dash is located at 231 W. Main Street in Albemarle. 704-983-3274
- The starting line is two blocks away from the store. The finish line is about 200 yards away from Vac & Dash on Depot Street. Awards will be at Liberty Gardens at the corner of Depot Street and Main St. On The Mark Sports will time the race. Results will be available on-line at www.bigfootrunning.com and at www.vacanddash.com
- There’s plenty of parking downtown. If you park by the start, please note that we will blocking off some spots by the Courthouse to keep the roads wide for the start. There’s plenty of parking on Main St. and First Street. You can park in the lot behind Vac & Dash. They’ll be three spaces blocked off for employees at Albemarle Music Store. Also, on Depot Street in a lot you see a no parking sign. I talked to the owner of the lot. He asked that you not park there as he has trucks coming in there Saturday morning to pick up goods.
- You can use the Bathrooms at Vac & Dash. We loaded up on the TP and Citrus Spray Odor Eliminator. There will be 3 porto-johns at the start of the race and one in the parking lot behind Vac & Dash.
- Showers – For those of you coming from out of town, if you show your race bib at the front desk of the YMCA, you can use there shower facilities. The YMCA is located on First Street in Albemarle.
- We’ll have plenty of photos on our facebook page.
- The Uwharrie Running Club will provide water at the 1 mile and 2 mile mark.
- Awards will begin at approx. 9:15 in Liberty Gardens at approx. 9:15 am. Please do not trample the plants.
- Become a fan of Vac & Dash on facebook for more Beach Blast Photos.
2013 BEACH BLAST 5K RACE COURSE:
BEACH BLAST 5K CERTIFIED COURSE MAP
Start at Stanly Co. Sheriff’s Office on Second St.
Proceed North on 2nd Street
Right on Montgomery Avenue
Left on 5th Street – Right on East Oakwood
Right on 9th Street
Left on Montgomery Avenue
Right on Ridge Street
Right on Pee Dee Avenue
Right on 5th Street – Left on North Street
Left on Depot Street – Finish at Stanly Motors
The Uwharrie Running Club and Vac & Dash has a NO BANDIT RUNNING AND NO BIB SWAPPING POLICY for the races we are involved in. We ask that you respect the running community by following this policy. Thank you!
If you would like to volunteer to help at the Beach Blast 5k, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.