The Vac & Dash 10th & Final April Fools Day 5K Classic is one of the most enjoyable and entertaining races you will run. Yes, this is the last one. This year’s race will be movie themed
The course starts at the Stanly County Family YMCA, goes through some neighborhoods, runs through a house, (it’s my house) and returns to the YMCA.
The course will have some obstacles.
Race Day and Packet Pick-Up Information
- Packet Pick-up begins Saturday March 30th from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm at at Vac & Dash.
- Race Day Packet Pick-up Begins at 5:00 pm at the Stanly County Family YMCA in Albemarle.
- Race Starts at 6:30 pm April 1st at Stanly County Family YMCA.
- Parking: You can park on the street and the Y or various parking lots. Please do not use the Hartsell Funeral Home lot, as they may have a funeral viewing. You can park at the Y, on the street, or other parking lots. If you can carpool it would be great.
- Be careful of traffic. We will have course monitors and the City of Albemarle Police Department helping with traffic. Run Safe!
- Obstacle Course Bypass Option: There will be a 35′ inflatable obstacle course to run through. If you feel you can not run through the obstacle course, you can by pass it by skipping 30 times on a jump rope.
Obstacle course tip: When going through the first part of the obstacle course, go through the tubes, rather than over the tubes. (When people go over the tube, it tends to cut the air flow to the inflatable off.)
- Awards: You’ll want to stick around for the awards and prizes. Ten Participants will be given a chance to win various prizes and money, including $100.00 cash. Door prizes will begin as soon as the last runner crosses the finish line.
- You’ll want to stick around for the awards, as we have many surprises in store for you.
- Throughout the race, you may have water balloons thrown at you. We have asked the throwers to throw the balloons at you feet. However, sometimes their aim is off. The course will take you through the a house. run easy and enjoy the oddity of it.